Tuesday, October 19, 2004

October

So, we're over halfway through our second full month of school. I don't know about you guys, but it started off tough with various term things due but has been smooth sailing since. Plus, this is the greatest month for being a sports fan and this year is especially good. Yes, of course I am mainly referring to the comebacks in both pennant races, particularly my Sox. I knew they had this in them. Not that I am saying I predicted anything, just that they are now fulfilling their potential and I, for one, didn't count them out when I watched them go down 3-0. With their combo of hitting and pitching, any fan worth his weight in pine tar knows anything is possible. It is also smack dab in the middle of pro, college, and high school football and congruent to soccer season. And, somehow, all my teams are doing really well. More on that when Pat does his midseason report.

This October is busier than most, with college apps, but I'm liking it and hoping y'all feel the same. If not, don't worry, Thanksgiving is only five weeks away. We'll be a third done with senior year by then. And I still get mistaken for a sophomore. Maybe I'll be a junior by May.


post script
For some reason Dr. G thinks he is October. He picked a good month.

post post script
Halloween, the sweetest month-ender, is also the day of the most important football game of all-time. If aren't in on it, click the title and pray for the Packers.

post post post script
Both teams are playing pretty shitty so far, but the optimist in me still says Green Bay.

No comments: