Okay guys and gals, I figured out how I can get as many of you as we want on the blog. Some of you will share contributor names. For example, Cory and Jeff could keep their own profiles and comment with them, but contibute posts under one name, like "Jeff and Cory" or "The Catholic Haters". They could then specify who wrote the post. This may be slightly irritating for them, but it makes room for new people to join. Not everyone will be part of a team, unless we get way too many bloggers. This will be cool. I will set up the new accounts myself this weekend, after I finish my James Baldwin essay and give you your new names and passwords on Monday.
post script
Here are the teams I'm thinking of:
Cory, Jeff, and Alex
Ian, Chuck, and Devon
Adrianna and Doug
Rachel, Misha, and Cynda
Patrick Schneider, Ken, and Dave
This is the easiest compostition I can think of and includes anyone who had at one point was part of, or wanted to be part of, this blog. Also, by combining people who post less frequently, it evens out the distribution of posts. So think of some cool name for your team and comment on it. If not, I'll just make the teams under the above names. Is that okay with everyone?
post post script
I know this might seem a bit unfair because some people don't have to share. If it becomes apparant that we need a change, I will do it. Plus you can always plea to John and he can override me. But let's give this a shot. At least its better than my rotation idea.
4 comments:
Heh, any pleas to me to override Ben would be more than futile...they would bring about quick retribution for daring to question our intrepid leader!
But seriously, I have no complaints with the above system. Should the need become great enough, I would be willing to share a team with one or two people with whom I took no issue with the content of their posts. Basically, I wouldn't want to be in any way associated with a "catholic hater". :P
Regardless, I think the idea brilliant. It should be required, however, that the poster place their name at the bottom of the post...all people should be proud of and take credit for their posts instead of trying to hide behind a "team" and casting even a shadow of a doubt upon who posted. Impersonating someone else would be strictly prohibited, of course.
Just my two cents on the matter.
Oh, Rachel. You are sooo asking for me to be mad. But I'm too lazy, so you'll just have to settle for an angry frowny face: >:(
Seriously, though, that's a good idea. Carry on Benny Mc. Bennerson!
I'm too lazy for an evil angry face. But I'm obviously not too lazy to post a comment, but the real reason is that I'm looking for excuses to distract me from writing my huge English paper that is due tomorrow, but I have work tonight, and I have to finish it by 4, or stay up very, very late, so I'm doing it now, or not doing it because I'm posting this comment... ANYWAY, not a bad idea, and besides, you could keep your old name for comments which more people do then post anyway.
Here, allow me to get indignant for a moment: geeze! Rachel is right, you sexist pig!
Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way, you know I like the idea, so press on!
Really though, I am joking about the sexist remark...but does that mean that if I go out with one of the male bloggers that I would be on a team with that lucky guy? Just wondering about the double standards.
Again...kidding!!
Post a Comment