Here is a playlist I found on iTunes. It was called Gorman's Music and had the description, and I quote "Quite a variety of music here. I've discovered a bunch of bands I'd never heard of using the iTunes music store, and hopefully my iMix will help you do the same."
Pro-Its Gorman arguments
He has spoken in class about iTunes and said that one dollar is quite reasonable for a song you really like. (Last year)
He really likes U2.
The guy has money to burn. (By that I mean on repeat purchases of the same basic song, etc. Oh yeah, and Courtney Love.)
Anti-Its Gorman arguments
Look at some of the music.
When I'm Gone-3 Doors Down
Cochise-Audioslave
Give- Audioslave
Run- Blues Traveler
It's My Life- Bon Jovi
One I Love- Coldplay
You Spin Me 'Round- Dope
I Alone- Live
Unwell- Matchbox Twenty
Love of Strings- Moby
The Great Below- Nine Inch Nails
Head Like a Hole- Nine Inch Nails
Hurt- Nine Inch Nails
All Apologies- Nirvana
Ready, Steady, Go- Paul Oakenfold
Get 'Em Up- Paul Oakenfold
Someday- The Strokes
I Will Follow- U2
Stuck in a Moment- U2
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
A Sort of Homecoming- U2
Baba O'Riley- The Who
Gone (Mike Hedges Mix) U2
Discotheque (Mike Hedges Mix) U2
Staring at the Sun (Mike Hedges Mix) U2
The First Time- U2
Numb (Mike Hedges Mix)- U2
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me- U2
The Hands That Built America- U2
Miss Sarajevo - Passengers
Black Math- The White Stripes
Self Esteem- The Offspring
Life Is for Living- Coldplay
My Favorite Things- OutKast
Hey Mama -Black Eyed Peas
We Are All Made of Stars- Moby
Here Without You- 3 Doors Down
Section 2: Bug Powder Dust/Pump Me Up/How High/Poison/Been Caught Stealing/I Get Wrecked - Bomb the Bass/Grandmaster Flash/The Charlatans/Prodigy/Jane's Addiction/Tim Dog Featuring KRS One The Prodigy
Waiting for You- Seal
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad- U2
Section 8: Sure Shot/Breakdance Electric Boogie/Doomsday of Rap/Ozone Breakdown/Funky Nassau/It's Just Begun - London Funk All-Stars/West Street Mob/Hijack/Renegade Soundwave/The Beginning of the End- The Prodigy
Harder to Breathe- Maroon 5
This Love-Maroon 5
Sgt. Major (Non-Album Bonus Track)- Jet
Been Caught Stealing- Jane's Addiction
Are You Gonna Be My Girl -Jet
Crazy- Seal
Just Because- Jane's Addiction
Underneath It All (Acoustic Live - German Radio)- No Doubt
Just a Girl (Acoustic Live - German Radio)- No Doubt
Underneath It All-No Doubt, Featuring Lady Saw
Stand- R.E.M.
Bad Day- R.E.M.
Lit Up- Buckcherry
The Middle- Jimmy Eat World
Sweetness -Jimmy Eat World
Testify-Rage Against the Machine
Beautiful Day- U2
Look What You've Done- Jet
Are You Gonna Be My Girl (Live)- Jet
Back Door Santa (Non Album Version)- Jet
Losing My Religion- R.E.M.
The Riches- Jane's Addiction
Duck and Run- 3 Doors Down
Starting Over- The Crystal Method
Born Too Slow- The Crystal Method
True Grit- The Crystal Method
The American Way- The Crystal Method
I Know It's You- The Crystal Method
Realizer- The Crystal Method
Broken Glass- The Crystal Method
Weapons of Mass Distortion- The Crystal Method
Bound Too Long- The Crystal Method
Acetone- The Crystal Method
High and Low- The Crystal Method
Wide Open- The Crystal Method
GhettoMusick- OutKast
The Way You Move- OutKast & Sleepy Brown
I Fought the Law- Green Day
Death Letter- The White Stripes
Born Too Slow (Deepsky's Green Absinthe Mix)- The Crystal Method
Yeah! New York (Non-Album Track)- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Paint It Black- U2
Pet- A Perfect Circle
Feel Like Makin' Love (Live)- Bad Company
Temporary Remedy- Ben Harper
I Believe in a Thing Called Love- The Darkness
Digital Bath- Deftones
Layla- Derek & The Dominos
Novocaine for the Soul- Eels
Mr. E's Beautiful Blues- Eels
Take a Picture- Filter
Chick Magnet- MXPX
It's My Life- No Doubt
Man of the Hour- Pearl Jam
Born Too Slow (NuBreed Dub)- The Crystal Method
Black Jack Davey- The White Stripes
Dice- Finley Quaye
Your Lucky Day in Hell- Eels
Bang and Blame- R.E.M.
Block Rockin' Beats- The Chemical Brothers
Cold Hard Bitch- Jet
Rollover D.J.- Jet
Take It or Leave It- Jet
Megalomaniac -Incubus
Rock Star (Jason Nevins Remix Edit)- N.E.R.D.
California- Phantom Planet
Fortunate Son- U2
Cherry Blossom Girl (Radio Mix)- Air
Adorable- Finley Quaye
Something to Say- Finley Quaye
Wish You Were Here Rasputina Above- Blue Man Group
Time to Start- Blue Man Group
Up to the Roof- Blue Man Group & Tracy Bonham
Your Attention-Blue Man Group
Persona Blue- Man Group & Josh Haden
Piano Smasher- Blue Man Group
The Current-Blue Man Group & Gavin Rossdale
Shadows, Pt. 2-Blue Man Group, Arone Dyer & Peter Moore
What Is Rock-Blue Man Group & Peter Moore
The Complex-Blue Man Group & Venus Hum
I Feel Love -Blue Man Group, Tracy Bonham & Rob Swift
Exhibit 13 - Mandelbrot, No. 4 (Hidden Track) Blue Man Group
Transylvanian Concubine- Rasputina
Whatever Happened to My Rock 'n Roll- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
St. James Infirmary Blues- The White Stripes
Everybody Hurts- R.E.M
Love Burns- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Mansion on the Hill- A3
Horndog- Overseer Beautiful Clem Snide
Are You Happy Now?- Michelle Branch
Too Bad- Nickelback
We Used to Be Friends- The Dandy Warhols
Scorn- The Red West
Free Bird (Live, Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum)- Lynyrd Skynyrd
Air Suspension- Mocean Worker & Bono
One- Bono, Brian Eno, L'Orchestra Filarmonica Di Torino, Michael Kamen & The Edge
Miss Sarajevo- Bono, Brian Eno, L'Orchestra Filarmonica Di Torino, Luciano Pavarotti, Michael Kamen & The Edge Children of the Revolution Bono, Gavin Friday & Maurice Seezer
Hangin' Around- Counting Crows
Twenty-One- The Red West
Stop-Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Float On- Modest Mouse
Perfect Time of Day- Howie Day
Heaven- Live
Disappear- The Red West
Run- Snow Patrol
Spitting Games- Snow Patrol
Time Is Running Out- Muse
Ride- The Vines
Days Die- The Red West
How to Be Dead- Snow Patrol
Go Your Way- Automatic Black
Lions After Slumber- The Veils
Lavinia- The Veils
My Hero- Foo Fighters
Buddy Holly- Weezer
Hold On to Me- Courtney Love
Take Me Out- Franz Ferdinand
Pavement Cracks (Gabriel & Dresden Mixshow Edit)- Annie Lennox
Price I Pay- Jane's Addiction
Here's to the Night- Eve 6
Fall Down- Toad the Wet Sprocket
Accidentally In Love- Counting Crows
Try- Nelly Furtado
James- Josh Rouse
Chocolate (Edinburgh Live Version)- Snow Patrol
Where Is My Mind?- Pixies
All for You, Sophia- Franz Ferdinand
So Far so Good- Thornley
Let Me Out- Future Leaders of the World
The Joker- Fatboy Slim
Staring At the Sun (Radio Edit)- Simple Kid
Come Around- Marc Broussard
Around the Sun Redux - Album Sampler R.E.M.
German Test Drive- Spymob
Vertigo (Single Version)- U2
post script
You have no idea how long it took to format that.
post post script
Sorry that was so long, but I think that you need the full effect. Its 173 songs if you care.
post post post script
I think its Dr. G.
1 comment:
Whoa, nice find!
Okay, I know Dr. Gorman loves R.E.M. He's talked about them alot and I've heard him hum an REM song. And I've heard him sing a Coldplay song. And Beatles songs. But then again, he probably has records or CDs of Beatles songs. Earlier this year I told him about that the sampler for the new R.E.M album on iTunes and he was just like "oh I heard the new song on KINK". He didn't seem to know about it or anything but this guy has it.
It very well could be him. Alot of those are typical KINK-fare so that would fit. I see a lot of good music but I also see a lot of shit.
I think we should ask him about it.
Post a Comment