Now that all of the players in this past Friday's massacre have put in their two cents about the game (and now that I've gotten off my lazy ass and am actually trying to post something), it's time to provide that unique fan-perspective that just bores people to death!
Every good game has a good pregame party, and this one was no exception. Of course, by "party" I mean going to Misha's and hanging around for awhile watching Jim get kneed in the crotch repeatedly while eating a really good grilled cheese sammich. That was one HELL of a sammich. I like the word sammich. It sounds better than sandwich. That was a really cool time. Anyway.
A couple of us skipped sushi to find Misha's bank and then went on over to JHS to reserve our spot in line for the pep rally, thus guaranteeing our free glowstick rights. It started with just a few of us, but after a bit a rather substantial crowd gathered in front of Smith Gym, making Mr. Hughes and the gang a little bit nervous. We counted down the seconds to the start of the rally, then managed to wedge like 20 people through those little doors at once. Father Pat proceeded to give one of the best pep rally speeches I have ever heard-- it gave the Nage's (Naggi sounds so uncool) speech a run for the money.
We got fired up and made the sprint out to the field, where we proceeded to cheer our asses off for the team, free t-shirts, and (of course!) public access TV. After it was pretty much engraved in stone that we were gonna dominate, the mood got goofy and we partied hard. There was an attempt at a field rush at the end of the game, but it was thwarted by a long line of teachers. Whoever spilled the beans about that one is gonna... I'll... uh... I'll get really mad at them. Yeah.
After the massacre, we met up with some valiant players and went over to J in the B for some shakes, which was both a good and a bad idea because apparently Beaverton kids really like Jack in Box. See? There's some concrete evidence right there that they suck! We proceeded to break the shake machine, get mooned, and listen to some girls invent and then execute a "pedophile priest" cheer to which I responed with a resounding, semi-drunken sounding "I LOOOOVEEE YOUUUUUUUU!!!" And then some dude got offended that we were talking about Mexicans or something. We had two Mexicans in attendance and they weren't offended, sheesh. I think.
So yeah, an awesome night indeed. I can't wait for Century and Liberty-- seriously, if we blew out friggin' Beaverton this bad, we're gonna wind up breaking the scoreboard at those two games. Good game, guys! VIVE JESUIIIITT!
1 comment:
"By 'party' I mean we went to Misha's." That was a party. Ha, so my mom complained that all of the brownies were gone. Can we help it that they are just so great? Karolyn ate about three. Sorry, but I cannot call them cookie bars or whatever the hell you think they are. They are mine and I will name them what I will.
I must agree tho that the game was supurb. I had been looking forward to good ol' JHS kicking some beaver ass, and I got what I wanted: Jesuit gave Beaverton a good sound ass kicking. I was at the edge of my seat for the first half of a quarter (an eighth of the game i suppose). Then I realized that there was no chance. I yelled too much.
And the soccer game, by the way, was awesome. I love soccer. Gosh.
I have a cold.
Post a Comment