I realized today, trying on two occasions to show people how to read music, that I have no idea where to start. How the hell did I learn? I guess I just memorized or something. Trial and error. But I think the only thing I could really establish for a fact, that both people could understand, is that "Middle C looks the same for both clefs". Or something. They understood what i meant. But see, there's my point. I learn how to do things and then cannot explain them. They just become an instinct. I can do each and every process, and it's not like I take shortcuts, but then it just becomes a second nature to me. I can't, when doing a math problem, explain to somebody HOW I know to do something. I just do. I think that's a sign of bad learning.
But in any case...Second week of school! Will it fly by? I think so, actually. Today was longish, but not nearly as long as Tuesday last week. Maybe things are picking up. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful.
2 comments:
Middle C Mike, middle C. I have not given up hope yet. Don't you give up on me. I learned a lot, or reaffirmed things I already knew. Whatever though.
likeapuma.blogspot.com
Post a Comment