So...here's the dealy-o. Like yesterday Michael Fullman's like, "I think we're watching movies at my house tomorrow" (it should be noted Fullman occassionally does not know what goes on in his life, not unlike most of us). Then he told me to pick the movie. So after I left school at around five (FIVE!), I got some KFC (from, I swear to God, some DUDE named BEATRICE), then went to Hollywood Video and picked up, you guessed it, Escape From New York.
So I just felt that I should make a post saying everyone should see this film. It looks like they spent like all their money making it look like Manhatten was destroyed, and so they had nothing left for, say, guns that fire blanks, so there's actually very few shots fired. But, hey, it's Kurt Russel saving the President from a war-torn Manhatten Maximum Security Prison. In what world is that NOT cool? Plus it's got Isaac Hayes (voice of Chef and the guy who wrote the Shaft theme) as the Duke of New York. He's got a car with, I kid you not, CHANDELIERS on the front of it. Awesome.
Oh, and I also bought "Equilibrium" despite having never seen it. First time I've ever done that, but I'm told it won't disappoint. More on that as it develops.
6 comments:
Ha!! That's what I've been telling them!! It's like some all male club or something, although that would explain the whole porn quest thing!!
Dude, if you like that movie check out the sequel "Escape from LA." It's the EXACT SAME MOVIE except it's in LA and some dude surfs a tsunami. I am not making that up.
I have been hard at work recruiting female talent and within the next week will have procured the necessary number to quench the thirst for the fairer sex. And speaking of sex, we are our quest is to destroy porography on the internet, not advance it. Oh and A, you are totally right, it is the same movie (isn't that basketball scene the lamest in the history of all moviedom?) Does A stand for Adrianna?
First...KFC rocks, but so does Escape From New York Pizza...weird how it all ties together...
Second...I heard about that basketball scene in Escape From LA, and I gotta say there was basically the same scene, but with boxing, in Escape From New York and it kicked ass...
Third...Equilibrium was amazing. If you're into stuff like The Matrix and more specifically, that old-school sci-fi like Fahrenheit 451 where the government tries to regulate human behavior, check this out. There was a better gun battle in the first five minutes than any in The Matrix.
Yes this is Adrianna, and yes that was a pretty lame scene.
I too have experienced the horror of getting sick from KFC, but I keep on coming back. I suffer the abuse for the crispy, crispy chicken... oh God it's just so good I keep coming back for more despite the risk of contracting Spontaneous Chicken Projectile Vomiting Syndrome (SCPVS) again. I still can't eat chicken fingers at Arby's, but that's another story for another day. But Escape From New York Pizza is friggin' godly. GODLY.
Wow, I have bad luck with chicken.
Yeah, you guys better hire a girl ASAP. The human resources department at my blog was getting on my ass about our gender ratios being skewed horribly towards males and I didn't really pay them any attention until I was faced with a civil action lawsuit. Luckily, we ended up settling out of court and just hired a token girl who doesn't really do much.
If you're reading this Danielle, just kidding, we love you!
If you're not, hahah, I'm not!
Post a Comment