Yeah, this started out as a comment for John's post, but it spawned too many ideas and became so convoluted I had to either make it a post or trash it. And I'm a packrat.
Yeah, it was an epic victory. Sublime, marvelous, heavenly, magnificent. 47-7 will be etched in all our minds for all our lives. Even better, everybody got in. Against Beaverton. Our senior year. If Kumar was a senior, he would have played. Glory. And more humiliation was piled on the cheerleaders. Megans Angelo, McDonell, and Davis got down and started leading cheering and it boosted dramatically. Which leads to my theory that we don't suffer a lack of school spirit, we simply lack sufficiently hot cheerleaders to excite and funnel our enthusiasm. And their fans did suck at losing. While at Jack in the Box we were talking about Doug's post and imac was holding up a piece of change and saying it was more money than most Mexicans would see in their lives. His remark was duly crushed, and we went on to making fun of how he was Puerto Rican (I rationalized it by saying its not nearly as bad because they're part of America, like hillbillies) but a guy sitting adjacent to us wearing a Beaverton Beavers shirt said, about 10 seconds after we had moved on from imac's rascism, "Hey what if I was Mexican?" Granted, he was slightly tan but he was still obviously a white kid. It was the most stupid thing I have ever heard. All the Mexican kids were outside and he was sitting all by himself. It was pathetic. Nobody else seemed to hear him but me. But everyone else could have just been ignoring him. Like people will do his entire life. Dumbshit.
And the curse of the Gravy lives on, even though we changed our name to the all-purpose Rangers. We got way more good shots off but all went about two inches right or left of the post. Even with that bad luck, we should have tied it nil-nil, but I, trusted with the office of sweeper, totally screwed up and let their fuck of a forward score. Sorry John, but thanks for cheering so much. At least Notre Dame slaughtered Washington.
Synagogue was pushed back to tomorrow, so I am missing Cory's party for nothing. Now, off to do my epic load of homework. God can't let me have too good of a weekend.
post script
I am sorry if you read that whole thing hoping that there was something worthwhile in there.
2 comments:
Patrick Schneider here.
I have read alot of your blogs and I have learned two things: That they are quite good, and very funny, except for Ben's, his blogs suck vast amounts just like walden sucked as a book/firewood. ok just jokeing. #2 i havent done any homework and really need to do this college essay.
If you need an extra writer i know this one guy, he might not write every day but you should give him a chance.
Well Pat, I'm sure your zaniness would translate into the written word and you would be a great blogger, but you're kind of an insider, and thus could do not really fit into this particular blog. Holy shit! I just realized that if I don't let you post at least once, that would be excluding you, thus making you the outsider and us the insiders. I am pretty sure the universe would explode. So i pretty much am obligated to let you post. You just set a dangerous precedent Pat. I hope no one else reads this or I'll have every loser on the Internet on this blog just to maintain the fabric of space-time. Damn it Pat.
post script
Check your school email.
Post a Comment