Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Some days, you just decide to be a senior...

Today was one of those days. I normally am a good guy about being a senior, I rarely push people around or cut in lines or things like that. Today I decided to go for it and see what happens. It started when I almost went through a window to get into the school in the morning. Luckily, some teacher came out just as I was contemplating the tight fit and I snagged the door. Between classes, I wouldn't dodge other students...I just walked a straight line and let them move or run into me, more often than not the latter. There were quite a few muttered curses and squeaks from startled underclassmen who suddenly found themselves bouncing off a moving wall. Surprisingly, I didn't run into ANY person I recognized as a junior or senior...all of them either moved or had no need to move because they were going the right way on the right side of the hallway. At lunch, I just walked in front of little Brantly, explaining only that "I was late for a meeting". Also, I just sorta walked out of third period, after mentioning to Dr. G that I need to talk to a councilor.
I think the best two moments, though, came after school. I wasn't really paying attention when I changed into my underamour shorts in the PAC (for those who don't know, they're basically spandex. Very sexy.) and practically walked out the door wearing only them, shoes, and a t-shirt. This caused doug and I to contemplate whether or not I could actually have made it to the lockerroom without getting stopped and jugged. Turns out I could have...so if you see me walking and my shorts look kinda tight, I decided to see what would happen. Definately a Senior thing to do.
The other Senior moment was when I more or less knocked down 10 sophs in the lockerroom when they didn't move. Ironically, because they already had pads on, they had a hell of a time getting up but didn't feel any pain (I don't think...). They also started to swear at me until I stopped, turned around, and just looked at them for a second. They froze before quietly going about their buisness.

Friday is the first all school dressup day of the year. I'm torn between wearing my new suit, wearing an old suit, and going mafia style. Opinions? Oh, and we need to pick a secion. Our physics class will get there early and claim it, you just need to tell us where to go.


And final question for the masses...do you notice any difference in intellegence when it comes to academics between males and females? I've always thought there were tons and tons of girls smarter than me, but today at the National Merit Scholarship metting there were 0 girls and 7 guys. This means, supposedly, the top seven scores on the PSAT went to guys. I find this strangely disturbing...what happened to all of you ladies out there? Are you just bad at scantron tests? Is this a fluke? Or perhaps, is the NMS repressing female students? Or even more frightening...are girls not as smart as I have always beleived? (when it comes to school, that is...I fully conceed practically any girl can run circles around me when it comes to mind games and common sense and practical skills like cooking...mmmm...cooking...)

6 comments:

Scott Nye said...

Lemme talk about dress-up day for a second here. I enjoy it, I really do. I dunno, I like dressing up. I don't profess to be some style expert...I like what I wear, I personally find it quite stylish, other people have said I dress well...good enough for me. For those of you who don't...it's like seven days out of the year...four masses and three or so other random events. Just a few rare days when you're asked to look nice (and most people will say JHS kids clean up well).

As a side, yet very related, note...guys having a sense of style is not restricted to the gays and the metros. All across time, perfectly straight men have dressed well. Just look at James Bond. Or Naggi.

Are girls more or less intelligent than guys? Most math geeks have said no. I say they're no more or less smart. Yeah, that's right...equality and all that. There are dumb people, and there are smart people. That's pretty much how it breaks down. I will say I have met more wise women than I have wise men (in our age range), but it'll only be a matter of time before everyone here is all like "girls mature faster!" so I'll just tuck that little tidbit away.

Scott Nye said...

I like how I edited that and didn't fix the rest to fit.

"For those of you who don't" should be "For those of you who don't enjoy dressing up."

"Are girls more or less intelligent than guys? Most math geeks have said no" should end with "Most math geeks have said they're less intelligent."

Really need an edit feature on the comments.

Scott Nye said...

Dave: Yes, yes it was. I got enough crap last year to learn.

John said...

Pat, I'm disturbed that you think I wear "outfits". Those imply style and planning. I possess neither...the clothes I wear to school are the first things I find in the morning (normally the dark, no less) that fit, smell ok, and don't appear overly dirty. Yeah, sorry...I don't really dress to impress you all...I'm lazy.

Cynda said...

What!!! Pat I can't believe you are so dilusional as to believe that men are smarter then women!! Yeah right. Now honestly we all know that if it weren't for women men would resemble chickens running around with their heads cut off.

John said...

Ironically, I've found that frequently men run around like chickens with their heads cut off BECAUSE of women... ;D