Firstly, howdee. I'm Adrianna, resident wandering hoboess of J-high. My interests include watching the weather channel and meandering around aimlessly when I'm not watching the weather channel. Chances are, if you want to find me and I'm not online I'm probably walking along Beaverton-Hillsdale someplace, listening to music and trying to dodge trucks. My wanderings have netted me a lot of stories and at least three pairs of free sunglasses, and my first entry is one of the more interesting ones.
So, I was walking (I'm out of synonyms for walking) around this past Labor Day and I decided after almost getting hit by a car careening off the interstate that it was just about time to head home. I took the back way, through Laurelwood and some other streets whose names I don't know. Anyhoo, I cross the street to get around a blind corner and what do I see peeking out of the bushes along the side of the road but the striped face of a raccoon, and in broad daylight no less! I promptly re-crossed the street and began to go on my merry way... shortly thereafter, I turned around to make sure nothing was running me down and noticed that something was loping after me, and fast. "Oh shit!" I said to myself. "I'm being chased by a crazy-ass raccoon!" So I promptly high-tailed it out of there, laughing and freaking out at the same time. The thing gave chase for a little while before it got bored and darted into some bushes, probably looking for another slower and slightly more stupid victim, like a small child or something. There are a lot of small children in that neighborhood. Maybe I should do a headcount or something... the rednecks that live around there are too interested in drinking beer and watching the television in their front yards (I kid you not) to keep track of all of ‘em.
All right, so it was funny to me at the time. I guess getting chased by a raccoon is one of those things you have to experience for yourself. Just go straight out of the Cronin Field parking lot and you’ll wind up in ‘coon territory pretty quick.
So, what’s up?
1 comment:
likeapuma.blogspot.com
Post a Comment