Monday, September 06, 2004

Labor Day Weekend

My family went to the beach for the first time in a couple years. First vacation in just over one year. The last vacation we were driven out by a forest fire. We stayed the whole time this time; no forest fires at the beach; it has it's own demons to screw you over. My mom decided we would charter a boat to take us out on the ocean and go fishing. Most the family got sea sick. My sister was throwing up the entire time. For me, I came close to throwing up, but the sickness went away when I started worshiping. I would say we didn't catch anything but we weren't quite that lucky. We caught about 5 or 6 fish in their natural habitat. We had to put them back. Chartered boats are only allowed to catch hatchery fish. It's a lot of work to reel in the fish cause they're huge.

The trip wasn't all bad though. I got away from homework. I got to watch Bush's speech. It was a very good speech. It was very encouraging to hear his successes in the Middle East and in national defense worldwide. I am also glad to hear that there is a candidate in the race with a sensical economic policy. "The only way America will stay competitive is if it's the best place for business." Trying to interfere and keep uncompetitive jobs in the US is practicing the business of the past and will not work. Kerry could use a reality check. All the attacks on Bush from the liberals seem to have no basis in reality.

I got to read most of Waking the Dead by John Eldredge. I had read his other three and they were all good. He has another one named Epic but it's just a short overview of all he teaches. Chat rooms are not the best place for communication so I do not intend to discuss Truth nor to offend the godless (:-P), though He has shown me the path of life and of this I will never be ashamed to testify.

4 comments:

b said...

Stay away from politically related stuff. You will get owned. It's not your area of expertise. Stick with converting the heathen Catholics that populate this blog (and convincing us all that the uber-conservative "morals" are the right way to go.) I'll let you get away without correcting your myopic post this time, but be careful.

post script
Glad to have you here, Cory.

Scott Nye said...

"All the attacks on Bush from the liberals seem to have no basis in reality."

That's weird, because all the words coming out of Bush's mouth don't have much basis in reality either.

And that's all for me, folks, I'll be here all year!

Miguel said...

Point. But I liked Bush's RNC acceptance speak more than I thought I would. He got his kicks at Kerry, but having left most of the vicious attacking stuff to Zell Miller and Dick Cheney, Bush was able to hone in more on his plans for the future. I'm not sayin I like Bush, but I'll give it to him that I took away more from that speech than I did at Kerry's rally on the Waterfront.

And Bush's burns did have some fact...Kerry is upper class and not exactly the common man. It's just sadly ironic that Bush is the one who said that $3 trillion was a bit spendy, "even for a Senator from Massachusettes." What is Bush, the rough and tough commoner who don't care about money cuz he has none? Not quite....

Anonymous said...

likeapuma.blogspot.com