Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Trying Times

Sorry about the recent technichal difficulties. Apparantly blogger.com can only handle 10 people posting at once. So we will be rotating writers every week to give a sabbatical to those who need it (Ken you've just been working too damn hard) and to give a chance to write for those who want it. Starting Saturday night four bloggers will be booted and four new ones will enter. The booting will not be permanent and those bloggers will most likely be back on the following week. No one is safe. Except for me. Because I'm the administrater. Thems the breaks.

post script
Only this kind of gimmick can maintain the immense interest readers have in this blog.

post post script
Be sure to read all the stuff you missed.

post post post script
Horsemen, use the next three days to demonstrate why I can't afford to cut you.

10 comments:

Misha said...

I like the method Ben. I also like the display of power you have right now. It's hot.

John said...

Power is always sexy. *insert semi-gay sounding comment involving ben and power here*

That said, regardless of blogger imposed limits, I think there is little reason to have a crew of 10 regular posters. People will no longer read everything posted, long discussions on posts will be cut short by the latest and greatest posts, and things just sorta get crazy. I like the rotation idea, however...but I think you should use it on an temporary basis. Go for a few weeks, decide what kind of posts you really want on the blog, and establish a regular crew with several different writing styles that will compliment one another and entertain our (theoretical? :D) audience. I would say that should definately include at least one regular female author.

The rest of the people who wish to post wouldn't be left out, as they can easily post comments. They just wouldn't be posting regular articles. And if your crew is less than ten, you can always have a "guest writer" type feature that rotates around. Not many people are able to post regular AND interesting articles.

And no, I am not assuming you should keep me on as a regular writer...I leave such choices completely in your capable hands. You founded this venture, its your baby...you must be the strong leader we have come to expect from you. In the words of Starsky... "DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!"

Oh, and should people not selected for the crew feel badly, they can always go start their own blogs and be linked too. Spread things out a bit. More variety and competition. Competition, after all, is the basis for our entire society.

That is all.

Misha said...

do it

Cory said...

i must protest the injustice of affirmative action, aka reverse discrimination. reflections of an affirmative action baby is the book i had to read for peace and justice. it was soooooooo boring that it made me convinced that affirmative action must be evil. for those of you who don't know, affirmative action is reverse discrimination. for example, say, hypothetically speaking of course, you want to have the best authors on an online blog, and you scrutinize the applicants until you have the highest quality of writers imaginable. but! then, you realize you don't have any girls and you hire some, while the rest of the crew doesn't take them seriously because they were hired to fill a need and not out of talent. meanwhile, top-notch writers who deserved to be in the loop were cut out cause of a bunch of whiners with a victim mentality. when i control the world, not only will i further the vision that people are judged only by the content of their character, but i will crush all misunderstandings and overreactions to my views, such as if i make up a scenario that seems to resemble a real-life one and throw in a bunch of exaggerations and incredulous reasoning for the interest of humor. in this case and in my perfect world, no one will get offended by what was never meant to be taken seriously. this vision, the plan, the determination, the right actions for the right time, all this i will give and more as a dictator and or regular writer on this blog.

Cynda said...

Misha is soooo right!! This new authority thing is way hot, makes you like 10X hotter, Triple B!! Not that you weren't hot to begin with!! Oh and yes this is a MAJOR form of sucking up!!!

Adrianna said...

This post makes me feel like eating a marshmellow. I don't know why. Just letting you all know, mmkay?

John said...

Even if, by some freak chance, a girl did not qualify as one of the top ten writers on the blog (I'd bet VERY highly one of them will), variety would demand one on the regular staff. Unless I'm totally wrong, this blog aims to be the best, attracting and maintaning a wide audience. There are not 10 extremely good and extremely DIFFERENT male authors yet on this site. Sure, everyone's a bit different, but the girls have completely different insights. For that reason alone an effort should be made to find and recruit a regular (and talented!) female writer. To my knowledge, any one (or more) of Rach, KT, Cynda, Mishi, Magda, and A would all fit the bill perfectly. The challenge is in finding the girl(s) who will write regularly and aren't afraid to speak up. None of these ladies are.

I would go so far as to say that were I an author during a period without any female writers, and there was a willing female ready to write, I would gladly step aside for the good of the blog.

And no Dave, I'm not sucking up...I just have grand visions of what this could become. And of what it needs to become that, in my opinion. As always, however, I will fully back Ben and his policies. He's the man with the greater vision...we're all just here to support him. :D

Misha said...

John, that brought a tear to my eye. Cory, are you assuming that the ten current writers are the best writers to be found here? But what do I know? Maybe not a whole lot.

Cynda said...

John has a point, but hey if Ben wants to keep the blog all guys who cares. That just gives us girls more oportunities to complain about the egotistical chauvinists who belong to it and the injustice that has been done to us.

Anonymous said...

likeapuma.blogspot.com